Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Being Injured Can Be a Pain #2

Being injured can be a pain, both physically and mentally.  I am having a hard time with it.  Running is one of the only things that keeps me dealing with other things in my life, and when I cannot run, those other things become tougher.  I suppose I shouldn't be so open on this blog, but no one really reads it anyway.  I have been really down, and it has been difficult for me.  I feel like when I have tried to talk to people about it, they don't understand.  Sometimes I don't understand.

I had my second PT appointment on Monday (two days ago).  Craig said I was looking better, and then he went over all of the exercises that he gave me last Thursday.  He wanted to make sure I was doing them correctly, which was good, as I needed to change some small things.  He also added another exercise for me to do.  I assumed he would build on what he started.  Then we want to watch me run outside, without my brace (which I didn't have on because it was too sweaty from the gym).  He said that I was a good runner (ha), and he told me he wanted to change some things.  He wants me to tuck my pelvis under when I run (like a pelvic tilt), and also shorten my stride (like Wendy said today "ha, now you will go no where").  So, I practiced doing that, and then we talked about the upcoming race (Chase the Moon) this weekend.  We will decided Thursday if I should run it.  I like Craig, and I like where he is going with the PT.  I just know it is going to take a long time to correct this, I am sure I have been this way for a long time.  He thought it contributed to my MCL injury as well.  So, I will have an update tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment