Saturday, March 11, 2017

My Soxy Feet Ambassadorship

Since I can't run for a while, and since this is a "running" blog (?), I thought I should take some time to write about my Ambassadorships.  When I first started running, I had no idea that companies had "ambassadors", and what were they anyway?  The longer you stay in a sport, hobby or your career you continue to learn things about them.  Being an Ambassador is like being a walking advertisement board with all kind of information about the product.  You also represent the company and the product.  I suggest that if you are an Ambassador to something, make sure that you love it.  If you want to be an ambassador to more than one company/product, make sure they don't conflict with each other.  Also, fill your role as an Ambassador by doing what is required of you - basically, it's like a job.  I am an Ambassador for three different companies now, so instead of being retired, I like to say that I have three jobs :-)

My first Ambassadorship started just over a year ago, #MySoxyFeet.  I saw the invitation to be an Ambassador for My Soxy Feet on Facebook.  I had never heard of the company, never had seen their products, and never tried their socks before; but it just felt right.  I really wanted to be part of something. Since retiring, I needed to be part of something new and exciting. So, I decided to apply, why not?  A couple of months later I got an e-mail from Jason and Melissa telling me I had been chosen to be a My Soxy Feet Ambassador!  I was so excited, but also, I hadn't tried their socks, so I was a little worried to represent a company that I didn't know much about.  But, I took a chance, and so did they.   I ordered the shirt and the compression socks, and proceeded to fall in love with this company, and people who run it. 

I was so excited to get my Ambassador gear in the mail.  The compression socks were amazing!  So, of course, after that I ordered some of their other socks.  My Soxy Feet socks are now the only running sock that I wear.  After wearing their regular running socks for the first time, I never gone back to any other socks.  They never blister, they are comfortable, they support my foot, they keep my feet dry from any sweating, and they are super cute.  My Soxy Feet also offer you free socks for wearing and tagging the socks on social media.  Wow, how fun is that, no problem for me.  You get points for pictures on FB, Instagram, Twitter, etc.  I just do FB and joined Instagram to help advertised the socks.  So, a couple of times a year, I have the opportunity to cash in my points and get some free socks - this however doesn't keep me from buying socks as well.  They also offer their Ambassadors a discount for themselves, and a personal discount code for me to give to others.

There is also a couple of bonuses of being an Ambassador for My Soxy Feet other then just the fun of taking sock pictures and getting free socks. First, they have an Ambassador's FB page, and I have "met" other Ambassadors, and talk to them about running and other things and have become friends with them.  Second, the owners,  Melissa and Jason Corp.  I can't say enough about Melissa and Jason.  Melissa follows me on FB, she sends messages to me via Messenger, adds the cutest notes with every order I make.  She is kind and caring, and loves to run as well.  I have made wonderful friends because of My Soxy Feet.  I am so proud, happy and privileged to be part of this company.  I love their socks (and other products), and I love helping to help them get their product out there. I have been able to get some of my friends to order their socks as well, and they love them too.   The company is  based out of Florida, and I hope someday to meet them and the other Ambassadors that live there.  I am a better person for being an Ambassador for MySoxyFeet.

Be an Ambassador for companies you love.  I love MySoxyFeet .

Add Wearing MySoxy Ambassador gear on top of the Monster Hill
Riley sleeping on MySoxy socks
Me after an 11 mile run with MySoxy compression socks











1 comment: